Saturday 5 December 2009

Departing Oxford

The day is finally here, I am leaving Oxford. I  must admit that it is a bittersweet feeling. I have really grown to love this little town and I think it's wonderful. I'm excited to head home and see my family and friends but I know that a little piece of my heart will stay here in Oxford. I know I griped a lot about it in my blogs over the last 3 months but it has really grown on me and I am truly going to miss it. Oh and please excuse any typos because it is 6:30AM and I haven't slept very much at all. :)

The experience here has been delightful. I am so lucky to have had this experience and I have such a sense of accomplishment and success that I have never experienced before. I made it through the term which was my main goal. I'm truly going to miss the friends that I have made here and hope that I can keep in touch with them once I'm back in the States. I can't wait to be home! Of course, as my luck would have it, they are calling for snow in DC today but I am hoping that the flight will be unaffected by the weather.

I can't wait to be back home in the comfort and warmth of my family and friends. I feel that I have been away for so long when I know it has only been 3 months. I'm truly appreciative for the experience and for having parents that were capable of sending me :) Thank you! I hope you all enjoyed reading about my adventures and I appreciate the time you took to do so. I'm signing off now this will be the last update. Thank you again and see you around!!

Quote:
When one teaches, two learn.
Robert Half

No comments:

Post a Comment