Thursday 29 October 2009

Week 3 Drawing to a Close

It is now Thursday of week 3. Only 5 more weeks to go! Yesterday went pretty well with my tutor. She said I had shown improvement from the week before, but I still got the feeling that it wasn't all that great. She made it seem like it was much better but once we sat down and started talking about it I got the impression that it really wasn't all that much better. But I guess some improvement is better than nothing!

I finally got my package yesterday...at 7:45AM. I ran downstairs to get the door and then I went to the kitchen to open it and put the "steak" in the freezer. For those of you who don't know my dad told me that he had sent 2 steaks. I thought this was a bit of an odd thing to do since I am so far away. So when I got the package I opened it immediately and put the "steaks" in the freezer. After going back to bed, I woke up and went downstairs to eat breakfast. I decided I should check on the steaks to make sure they weren't spoiled. What I hadn't bother to think of at 7:45 was how were the steaks kept cold if they were simply in a cardboard box. So I took the box out of the freezer and opened it to find santa snacks! I had been dooped... way to go Dad!

I got some great things in my package from home: Halloween candies, 2 wedding magazines (with pages folded down my mother and sister so I know what to look at), my wedding planner from theknot.com and some lovely cards! (and of course the Santa snacks mentioned above) Hopefully I will get this essay done early today and I will be able to do some wedding research/ planning :) Planning and plotting things out really gives me something to look forward to while I'm here. I can't wait to get home and start planning with my family!

This week has gone by pretty quickly and I'm somewhat thankful for that. I don't want to rush my time here but at the same time with each week I feel that I am accomplishing something. Today I have to finish my essay on fascism for tomorrow's tutorial. I only have my Wednesday tutorial next week so it will be nice to have a break from writing 2 essays per week. But knowing myself I will probably try to get ahead and write 2 essays next week anyways. I hope you are all doing well and enjoying the beautiful fall foliage, I hear it's quite vibrant this year! Until next time!

2 comments:

  1. What you did'nt say is I told you not to burn you hands on the Dry Ice that the steaks were boxed in! HaHa!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry! Yes everyone, my dad told me not to burn my hands on the dry ice that the "steaks" were packed in.. I didn't burn my hands Dad no worries! :)

    ReplyDelete