Wednesday 30 September 2009

All's Well That Ends Well

Well our travel week has come to an end, and I couldn't have asked for a better time! Ireland is truly a country full of nice people and interesting places. We went to Howth (pronounced Hoe-th). It's a little fishing village just to the northeast of Dublin. The views off of the cliffs were amazing! Elliot managed to convince me to climb down one to the beach below, and let me tell you it was no easy feat! I am afraid of heights (afraid from falling from them anyways) so I didn't particularly like the idea. It wasn't so much the going down as it was the coming back up. But I managed to get down and it was well worth the journey! It was absolutely beautiful! We got down and there were a few other people walking around on the little beach and we saw sealions! I have some good pics of them on the blog :) We met a dog named Buzzy, he was a black lab. We originally thought he was with the group that had gone down before us but they said that he wasn't theirs so he followed us around for a good part of the day. He would dig up rocks and then nudge them towards us so that we would throw them and play fetch! I must admit he was rather cute! He made me nervous because he would climb down on the cliff pretty far! Overall it was an amazing trip and if I have the chance I would definitely go back!

Today, before the flight, we went to the Dublin Zoo. It was a nice visit, not crowded by any means. We saw fighting rhinos, baby peacocks and tigers! There was a cute little tiger cub running about in the enclosures! I got some good pictures of the animals and it was a good way to spend the last day in Ireland. I had a great travel week and I still can't believe that Elliot and I are finally engaged! It seems like such a dream! I'm still walking on air :)

No comments:

Post a Comment